Monday, August 19, 2013

Can't slow down now

So my new companion is Søster Bartholomew from American Fork Utah. She is 19 and super enthusiastic and likes to take responsiblity and work hard with me. Her Danish is also way good. I am highly impressed. It's cool cause this is our first companionship where both of us can speak pretty good Danish and neither of us are completely new to the mission field. So we work as equals and can get a lot of work done together. I love it.

And boy, the work is picking up fast now. We had several members bring friends to church yesterday and our amazing investigator Nynne came with her son. Sister Bartholomew and I ended up sitting apart from each other during sacrament so we could be sure to talk to all the visitors. We actually are having family home evening with one of the none-members and a member family tonight. I am so grateful to be serving in Odense where the members enthusiam and excitment for missionary work is just picking up and growing. The Lord is hastening His work, I feel like I'm running to catch up and I still can't make it. But in September, the Lord will bring 2 more missionaries to each ward. So by the end of September, there will be 6 missionaries in each ward here in Odense. 2 Sisters and 4 Elders. Plus, the married couple. So a grand total of 14 missionaries.

I am about to officially hit my 6 month mark and I do not like that. It feels like I just barely got out into the field a few weeks ago and so it's stresses me out to think that I'm a third of the way done with my mission. I've also heard that now time is just going to go faster and faster. No more slowing down. Wow.

Finally, I can send pictures again.



Me and Søster Ripplinger on our last weekend together. We went to the magical land of Vissensbjerg to teach Nynne and to see our goats. Oh, I also learned that we can eat these really delicious wild plums and cherries in Vissensbjerg.


For our last P-day together, Sister Ripplinger and I decided to match (haha, that was her favorite thing to do) and we aslo went and saw H.C. Andersen's Hus. That was cool to see where he was born and then go through a museum all about him. It's funny. In The main area in Odense, the street lights (like the green and read walking lights), they are little H.C. Andersen figures, complete with cane and tophat. One day I'll take a picture and send that to you.









No comments:

Post a Comment