Monday, November 11, 2013

Kære Familie,

Jeg bare elsker jer alle sammen! Jeg er taknemmelig at have jer i mit liv.

Okay, so this past week was really good. Sister Tew and I went up to Århus and went on exchanges with the Sisters there (this transfer we're doing travelling exchanges. Normally the sisters come to Horsens, but this time, we're going to them). It was quite the adventure in Århus though. At one point I was walking around the outskirts of the city in this little quiet countryside with Sister Hadley and it was just the coldest weather I have felt in my life. Let me tell you, the wind here can just rip right through your coat and chill you to the bones. It was also just pelting icy rain the whole time and neither one of us had umbrellas. It was great. We just laughed and sang hymns because we were lost in the middle of no where in the freezing cold. Also, it gets dark at 4pm now. So it got dark and then we were lost and found our way to this apartment comlex place and asked a lady for help. and so she walked with us, helping us find the previous investigator's apartment and she asked us where we were from and Sister Hadley told her "utah" and the lady said "oh that's funny, my sister used to live in utah, she was one of those mormons" and we're like "really? well we're the mormon missionaries!" She was surprised because she couldn't see our name tags but we had a great talk with her. Appartently her mom was an active member of the church and her siblings were baptized and she told us that she was blessed in the Mormon church and never baptized. She told us about how strong in the church her sister had been. The spirit was strong and I'm way excited to find out what happens with her.

Also, we had about 10 minutes left before dinner time but we were back at the church early and so instead of coming in earlier, Sister Hadley suggested calling the other sisters to get the address of a potential investigator. While she was on the phone, I felt impressed to still contact people. I told her that I was going to contact a man walking towards us as she talked with Sister McVey. I started talking to this man about faith and Christmas and he opened up about how he lonely he was because his life just left him and took his son from him. We started talking about Christ and His Atonement. And he confessed that he knew he needed to come to church to find peace because he kept seeing churches everywhere. He even pointed to our church and said "see? I just see churches everywhere!" I asked him if he had ever been inside the LDS church and he said "no, it's not like other normal churches". I explained that it was orginazed in the same way Christ had organized His church and started teaching a little bit of the Restoration. By then Sister Hadley was off the phone and we set a return appointment up with him for the next day (Sunday) and a chapel tour. It was just a great testimony to me that the Lord blesses us with success if we keep striving and having a hope that we will find someone who is ready to hear the gospel.

Then when Sister Tew and I came home from Århus we were on the train and this young man started chatting with us. We were just mentioning busses and how our bus had just drove and that we would just walk (we didn't tell him back to our apartment, because we never tell anyone where we live, so we just mentioned the hospital cause we live really close by there). He said, "ya, it's about 20 minutes to walk were you girls need to go, I'm going there too". We thought he just meant the hospital but we didn't ask him. Anyways, we started walking home and then this car pulls up to us on the sidewalk and this young woman jumps out and says in English "hey girls, I don't have space for you to ride in the car but I can take your suitcase." and then the young man who we talked to in the train hops out of the car. So we were really confused because I had never met them before ever. And the lady just continued "I'm going to the same place your going." And we still just kinda looked at her and each other blankly. "I live in the castle, where you live", she explained. So appartently, she is our neighbor Kimmie. So we gave her our suitcase and then walked home and then picked it up from her once we got there and she ended up giving us cookies. and she is Christian and lived in Colorado Springs for a while. She was way cool and super nice but we were just really surprised and shocked when she pulled up. We thought she was a crazy lady trying to steal our stuff but luckily she was just a sweet awesome neighbor who was helping us out.

Well, I hope everything is just going very well for all of you. I pray for you every day and I know the Lord is watching over you all and helping you out. and even though you may not get what you want at the very moment you want it, He will definitley help you receive that which you need. Be grateful for that, even though it may be hard, it is worth it.

I love you! Søster Diana Briscoe

No comments:

Post a Comment