Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Disciple of Christ Mission

Dear Family,

So this past week was new years and for all of you who are familiar with a Danish new year celebration, you know that the whole night sky was just lit with fireworks for several hours as the danes set off all their crazy fireworks. We were allowed to be out at a member's home from 6pm to 1am as long as the drove us home. We have some wonderful members here who invited us over and we were able to celebrate the new year with them along with a lot of food and candy and fireworks. It was a very exciting new year and a fun time to be with the members here who just mean so much to me.

The first day of the year, we were all assigned by President Sederholm to stay inside and deep clean our apartment utnil 6pm and then go out and work from 6pm to the rest of the night. So now sister tew and I have the cleanest apartment I could every asked for. It's beautiful. Both she and I are clean freaks so hopefully our little apartment will stay as clean as it is right now for a good long while.

The rest of this week was just spent as we normally spent it. We visited a lot of less active members. I used "I have to use the restroom" as a big excuse for getting into their houses. but it worked and we were able to sit down and teach a little bit and get to know them as well.

Then we street contacted a lot of people. We've been running into a lot of Spainards recently so I've been using Spanish quite a bit and that's cool. It's actually a goal of mine to read el libro de mormon this year. I have certainly used a lot more spanish than i expected since being on my mission. And thankfully the Lord helps me remember how to bear my testimony in spanish or pray in spanish.

On Thursday and Friday, Sister Tew and I were in Copenhagen for a very large leadership council. All the zone leaders and district leaders and sister training leaders (well, there are only four STLs) were there and President introduced our official mission motto: we are part of the Denmark  Copenhagen Mission but we are now going to refer to our mission scripture 3 nephi 5:13, which says "Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of Him to declare His word among His people that they might have everlasting life."So president wants us to refer to the mission as the Disciple of Christ Mission. So that was very inspiring and uplifting. After the meeting, we were all able to go to the temple. The temple truly is the Lord's house and He resides there and peace and comfort and guidance will come to those who worthily enter into His house and earnestly seek Him. I am so grateful to live in these last days when the blessings of the temple are available on the earth again.

Also, I have a lot of new years resolutions so I hopefully will become a different person this year, a "new creature in Christ". I hope that each of you takes the time to ponder how you can come closer to your Heavenly Father and your Savior this new year. I know that making a Christ-centered resolution will bring much joy and happiness.

I love you all very much and pray for you daily!

Love Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment