Monday, February 24, 2014

There is Sunshine in my soul today! :-)

Dear Family and Friends,

Oh my word, this week has been amazing. Can I just tell you all how much I love life? I love life. This time I have spent on my mission has been the best time in my life. And I love being able to tell other people that. They always seem so surprised. They ask me how I like being a missionary or what it's like to have so many rules and I can always answer honestly when I say that I absolutely love it and It's been the best time of my life so far. Then people ask me why and I have the chance to explain to them the joys the gospel brings and the happiness it brings into my life and the joy I get when I see the gospel blessing other people. I love being able to just explain that to people and this past week has been full of opportunities to do that.

We've been meeting a lot of young adults recently (because of the university close by) and we seem to running into many many Romanians. Like the other day, the Elders met a Romanian student who has read the Book of Mormon several times and the Bible many many times and he is really committed to try to "explain religion out of existence" as he puts it. We met with him at institute and he wasn't super interested in staying but sister Orgill and I convinced him to stay because we knew if he stayed, he would have a good time. So he stayed and he did have a good time and lightened up and saw that we, mormons were regular people.

Then just the night after, Sister Orgill was on splits and ran into 2 romanians who knew the romanian the elders had met. In fact, one of them was his roommate. So we invited all of them to come to church and guess what? they all came :) the elders investigators and ours. And after church, they invited us over to eat Romanian food later that night at their place. So we went and we met their other roommate and ate some traditional Romanian food. We ate pork and some stuff that was made of sheep cheese and special corn flour. Also, they made us American pancakes for dessert. It was awesome and we didn't argue once, we just had the chance to explain to them the joy we felt as missionaries and the wonderful joy the gospel brings into our lives and they were really respectful and interested. They even wanted us to stay and play a game after dinner. Sadly we didn't have time but they are definitely interested in coming to institute and church again. So that was very exciting.

Things are all going well in regards to getting Kaj's baptism ready. Sister Orgill and I cleaned out the font and that was fun. It has not been used in quite a long time so when we turned on the water, rust came out of the pipe but it was red so that was creepy. but it's all good now. Nice and clean and ready to be used this Saturday.

Also, Amanda May got her call to Denmark! what in the world? Crazy. The Lord loves me so much :) She'll love it here. It's the best mission in the world.

Other than that, things are picking up lots in Horsens, tons to do and I've started learning Romanian, haha. The Lord is leading us to the elect every day and it's so exciting to see.

I'll send lots of pictures of my life now.

Romanian style dinner :)



No comments:

Post a Comment