Monday, June 16, 2014

I guess it's just been one of those weeks.

Oh those weeks, you know what I'm talking about? One of those weeks where you drive away on the bus without your companion, and one of those weeks where you get hit in the eye with a soccer ball, one of those weeks when you find out August 15 is going to be an amazing day, and one of those weeks where you just feel tons of love for the patience and kindness of others.

Okay, so funny story, Sister Ripa, David and I were all taking the bus and then Sister Ripa's and my stop comes up and so we say "bye david" and head for the door and Sister Ripa hops out of the bus but someone comes in and prevents me from following immediately after her and then to my great horror, the bus doors close and do not open again, despite me yelling to the bus driver "JEG SKAL AF! JEG SKAL AF!" nope, he was just lige glad. So Sister Ripa is just calming waiting at the bus stop, I'm freaking out because I have no idea where this bus drives and David is just laughing because well, he thought seeing a sister missionary freak out was funny apparently. Luckily though, David did walk with me back to Sister Ripa's bus stop because we were in a part of town I didn't know and I don't know I could have found it without his help. Sister Ripa was fine. I wasn't though. I had to hug her like 3 times before I felt a little bit better. She just laughed and thought it was all pretty funny.

Also, I'll share another classic Diana story with you all. So we play sport every saturday with the ward and investigators. and this week was the first time I was able to really play (due to a series of minor injuries with my legs and feet these past couple of months). So I was really pumped to play football (soccer) but that excitement quickly faded when one of the players kicked the ball super hard right when I was in front of him and it smacked me right in the eye. yes, so I have a slightly blue/blackish eye.

This past week was zone conference and we are learning about chapter 7 from PMG (learning your mission language) and an activity that we did was teach danish speakers the gospel. So we brought in people from Aarhus and Randers and divided into groups and then taught them. One of the people we asked to help out and be taught 4 times in a row by missionaries was David! And then after that activity, the assistants invited David to stay for the rest of the conference. He loved it. Oh, David, our little atheist missionary, what on earth are we going to do with him? ...probably just continue to teach him until one day he wakes up and realizes that it's true. We actually had a really good lesson with him and another investigator, named Elliot. Elliot had called us earlier in the day, wanting to meet up so we met up for a little bit and then he walked us to Maria's house becuase we had an eating appointment there. Maria saw Elliot and immediately invited him to join us for dinner. And after dinner, we wanted to have a lesson with David about the Holy Ghost and we invited Elliot to join us. So that was fun. Two very different people in the same lesson made things really interesting. David, the shy quiet logical thinker, vs. Elliot, the outgoing, outspoken spiritualist. But they got along well together.

Sister Ripa is awesome and I love her. She teaches me more than I teach her. She is fun, nice and patient. Pretty much the perfect companion. Plus, she speaks very good danish already. Still cannot get over how great her danish is.

Well, that is all the fun stories I can think of. Oh except for Ashley! Ashley is doing so well. I cannot believe the difference in him. He's going on 3 weeks without drinking and he says he is not even tempted to drink anymore. He attributes it to praying to God, meeting with the missionaries and coming to church. Oh President, I remember so many long, seemingly pointless talks with Ashley in the park, where Sister Hale and I would leave and say "Is he really worth it?" and we would doubt there would be any hope for him because he seemed so far gone. But then every time we doubted, we would think about what the Savior would do and we would convince ourselves to continue meeting with him and sharing a little bit of light and hope. Now, he's sober, he's seriously considering baptism, he's reading the Book of Mormon all the way through and he's praying out loud every night. Never ever judge, that's what I've learned so much since becoming a missionary. If someone is struggling with an addiction or other problems, do not just shrug the person off and say "oh, we cannot help them" because there will always be something, however small, we can do to help them feel the love of their Heavenly Father and Savior, Jesus Christ. Remember that.

i love you all and thank you for your support and love!

Knus, Søster Briscoe






































Elliot after we taught, wanted to take some pictures so here are pictures of sister ripa, me and david.



















I am trying to frown in this picture


and the other one, I don't know what is happening.























And the last couple of photos from our photo shoot, so now I can say that I have been part of a photo shoot with a danish model (that is what Elliot does for work)




No comments:

Post a Comment