Monday, June 10, 2013

By the way... you're training

So I had already suspected that I would be a trainer quickly after getting to Denmark but I did not expect it after 10 days! Geez! I am still a bumbling greenie. I know how to get to 3 places in Odense.  The grocery store, the train station and church. Other than that, I completely lost. Anyways, I will get my first "daughter" this Wednesday. So on Wednesday and Thursday I'll be in Copenhagen picking up my kid and taking them around street contacting and pretending to know what I'm doing when in reality I don't have a clue. Then it'll be bak to Odense and into a new area for us. She's in for  treat that sister is. haha, hopefully she'll be patient with me and we'll all figure out this mission thing together.

This week has been pretty quiet, just preparing for 2 new sisters to come to Odense and trying to find out where everything is.

Oh I did meet an awesome African man on the train who is a new investigator now. We were just talking and explaining the gospel in a casual way and he said "I would like for you to come over and meet with me and talk to me more about this Gospel" yes, africans are awesome. He gave us chocolates too. Super cool guy.

We're also teaching this really sweet Muslim girl named Aisha. She is super open and really searching for God too. We just have to make sure everything is okay with the family situation before we teach her seriously. Her dad actually has a copy of the Book of Mormon.

Oh and I met this Russian family who I love. I complimented the wife on her earrings and she tried to give them to me. She doesnt speak any danish but her husband was translating for her and said that she told him that I just had this light about me and they wanted me to come visit. So I told them me and my companion would bring them  gift. We got them copies of the book of mormon in Russian and we'll give them to them this Saturday.

They weather is fantastic here! Sunny, no rain. I'm getting a tan though. It's awesome. Biking around is hard but I like it

Also, missionaries are so popular with the members here, everyone loves missionaries. And we get fed like queens and kings. It's a good thing I do bike and walk a ton or I would get so fat. Danish bakeries....oh they are my weakness, and flødeboller and Haribo gummies, the star mix of course.

Well, I love it here. I love being a missionary and having the honor and blessing of wearing my Savior's name over my heart. But remember, you don't have to hve a little black tag on your coat to be a missionary. Paint a missionary tag on your heart and share this wonderful gospel!

I love you all!

Søster Diana Briscoe

No comments:

Post a Comment