Sunday, June 9, 2013

Denmark!

So I am now in Denmark. What a crazy past 5 days it has been. I got a call from President Nilsen at 11pm this past tuesday and he said that I would leave for Denmark Thursday morning. I got into Denmark around 2pm Friday during the day. and surprise! they lost my luggage...all of it...including the carry-on they made me check when I was in Columbus.

Anyways, I'll get my luggage this Wednesday (fingers crossed). But we got to the mission office, they gave us a little orientation and then they sent us off with a more experienced sister to street contact danes. let me tell you, danes hate people stopping them on the street...imagine that...anyways, I ran into Mads Frost and that was funny.

June 1st I met my companion, Sister Nuttall  (from Shelley Idaho) and assigned to my first area. Odense on the beautiful Island of Fyn. It is so exciting to be in danmark again. I say every day that it is the best day of my life. I feel like I'm in a H.C. Andersen Fairytale. It's so green and beautfiul here.

Yesterday was my first Sunday in Denmark. It was also fat and testimoney meeting and I was told, not asked, told in front of the whole congregation that I would be starting the testimonies. I think I surprised them with my danish. In fact I know I did cause they all came up to me and I had a lot of explaining to do.

In Odense, there is a family friend (Roberto Arriaga) who is from Barcelona who was a ward missionary when Dad was a missionary. He's awesome. He and his family had all the missionaries (me and sister Nuttall and Elder Nordfelt and Elder Child) over for dinner after church.

The members of the wards here are amazing. They are so strong and helpful and want to share the gospel. It's just hard cause danes are such a private people. They do not like discussing religion with anyone, especially two random girls from america.

I'm teaching a lady in Spanish here which is pretty funny. We found her at the train station and that was awesome. It's been a wild past couple days and I have stories and pictures but not enough time to write or attach pictures. Next week I will.


Jeg elsker alle jer!
 Søster Briscoe

No comments:

Post a Comment