Monday, June 17, 2013

Enabling Power of the Atonement.

So I've been thinking a lot about the Atonement and how really that's all we need to teach as missionaries. Because if we really effectively teach the Atonement, everything else will come naturally for our investigators. If we understand the Atonement, we want to repent. We want to do everything possible to grow closer to Christ, including making and keeping sacred convenants with Him. Covenants like baptism.
Also, the Enabling power of the Atonement is amazing because it gives us strength to hlep us accomplish things we could have never thought possible...like trying to train a new missionary after being in the country 2 weeks....It is hard, but I've learned that through Christ's Atonement, I can do all things, including effectively training and helping Sister Ripplinger become the missionary she wants to become. She is so enthusiastic and it's wonderful. She wants to work hard and I just am pretty much helping her with the language, she has everything else down as a missionary. She's patient too, which is good cause I do not know what I'm doing.
I gave a talk in church this past Sunday...it was about "Bloom where you're planted" ;) haha just kidding. It was about missionary work, so basically I just talked about the Atonement.

So I got my first "daughter" as they say here on the mission. Her name is Sister Ripplinger, she is from Utah. Everyone is from Utah...seriously, I'm the only missionary on the whole island of Fyn that is not from Utah.

Also, I went knocking for the first time since I've been in Denmark and that was exciting. I was so nervous but it was the only thing that Sister Ripplinger and I could think to do because we are starting fresh in this area and have zero investigators....zip. So she's like "let's go a-knocking." So we did and no one was answering the doors. not a surprise. But I told her "the next door we knock on, the person will say 'maybe' to the Gospel but then one day you and I will come back and they'll say 'yes' to being baptized" So we knocked on the next door and a young man named Anders answered. We pretty much taught him the first lesson and I stumbled and bumbled through it but the spirit was really strong. He took a book of mormon and we'll check up on him this week and get him on date for baptism.
Also, we did manage to find one investigator since Sister Ripplinger came last Thursday. We got this Danish man interested in hearing more about our religion. We approached him in a park and he was super open, especially by danish standards and we have a return appointment with him so we'll see how that goes. We're going to fast for him to feel the truthfulness of our message and fasting works. It truly does.
other than that, we are just trying to put all our faith and efforts into finding people. And visiting members and trying to get to know who they are and then showing them that we are serious missionaries so they'll want to give us referrals.
Anyways, that's my life right now. Here's a picture of me and Sister Ripplinger. With the light behind us, we look like very angelic missionaires, haha.

Also a picture of the train I took to get to transfers to pick up Sister Ripplinger. I was so happy to get on that train. It brought back lots of memories.


Love you all!


Søster Briscoe

No comments:

Post a Comment