Friday, July 19, 2013

Getting locked out = awesome Spiritual experience

Well really quick Family (I just have 20 minutes)

I got locked out of our Apartment this week. Sister Ripplinger and I were rushing around to get out and in our rush, we forgot our keys. Classic Sister Missionary move. Anyways, we were waiting around for the other sisters that live in the same Apartment when our neighbor opened her window and asked us what we were doing. We told her we were locked out and then she told us to just come wait in her Apartment. So we did. She had all this really cool Pictures from India and her house was just full of old neat furniture. Super comfy too. So we just sad around for two hours and listened to her tell story after story of amazing spiritual experience she's had and just listen to her lecture about faith and how faith in God is the most important thing a person could have. The spirit was way strong. I felt like I was sitting in a General Conference Session or something. She even tied in the principles of modesty. Then she reminded us that we really are servants of God and how we were sent here for a reason and it was to help bring the Danish people to God. She said that to us and it was awesome! She was super sweet. I have not met that many Danes with her strong of faith, especially non-members.

Oh and we found a new investigator on a bus. I started talking to her and asked her where she was from. Guess where? Guatemala. So we started speaking Spanish and she got so excited when we told here we're missionaries and she said she had so many questions about Jesus. So I'm teaching a Guatemalan lady in Denmark. Funny, right? Small World.

And then this African Lady contacted us. She is from Ghana. I love Africans. Anyways she invited us over and then invited herself to church and said " you must come to my house and teach me more about what you believe and then show me where your church is". So we just said "okay, name a time and place" So we're meeting with her this week.

Other than that, Things have been quiet. We talk to lots of people on the bus. Mostly Muslims. They are super sweet and very enthusiastic about their faith. They all try to convert us. So It's a fun Little game we all play.

Oh also, all the bus drivers know us now and are our friends.

That's all.

I love you all lots and hope all goes well this week for you!

Love, Søster Briscoe

No comments:

Post a Comment