Monday, July 22, 2013

So this week has been a Little bit of a rough one. I should have suspected as much when it started off last P-Day right after emails when I broke my nose (see Photos below). Yup, I was using this Little workout thing, pretty much it's a rolling pin that you try to do push-ups with and I slipped and smashed my face into the ground and broke my nose. I looked like I had been mugged. It was pretty darn painful but I was just laughing the whole time cause I couldn't believe how clumsy I was.


Later that day our investigator burned us and didn't show to our appointment. Apparently she does not want to be a candidate for the Celestial Kingdom.

Then, after all of our plans had pretty much fallen apart last Monday, we were standing at our bikes by the bus stop, trying to decide what to do, when this Young man came up to us and started talking. He was a Little strange but we both thought "Oh, here is this poor lost soul that God has inspired to talk to us so we can help him out" and we got excited cause we had no one else to teach so we started talking to him about the Gospel. Then Things got weird and he started showing us a Picture on his phone of this girl kissing him on the cheek. "See," He said, "she kissed me like this" and then he kissed me on the cheek! We left right after. Needless to say, we're not going to be teaching him. It was weird.

We ended up giving our neighbor that is in love with all Things India a Book of Mormon. Then we talked about faith and asked if we could come back and share a scripture in the Book of Mormon that talked about faith and how it is like a seed (because she had told us it was like a seed and we thought she would enjoy reading Alma 32). She said yes, she would love that. So we set up a return appointment and went on our way. Then when we came home that night, she opened her window and was very excited to talk to us. "Sisters! I opened your book and it flipped right open to the story about the seed. It looks really good, I can't wait to read it." So that was a nice rewarding experience.

We also ended up teaching this rastafarian (spelling?) Christian man named Chris in the park. He is a former investigator and we called him up and he told us to meet him at the park. So we did and he was just there chilling out with a bunch of his friends, ranging from all different walks of life, Young, old. Danish, not Danish (that's about as much variation as you can get here) So we just taught about the Book of Mormon and it actually went really weird. It was just a neat experience because we were teaching this Group of rag-tag Europeans. But Chris is a cool guy. He wants to become a better father and he's very religious and believing in the Bible and he loves it when we read out of the Book of Mormon, now we just have to get him to have the motivation to read out of it for himself.

Sister Ripplinger and I also ended up teaching this lady from Ghana. She was super sweet, but it did not go as we expected. We expected a super easy lesson and that she would just accept everything we said. First off, we hardly got a Word in because she was so talkative. Secondly, she understoodm some Things really well, for example, she started talking about Gospel dispensations and how God always calls a prophet in every dispensation and so we showed her the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith and she said she believed he could be a prophet and we got really excited. Then she started showing us on the internet a lot of other people she believed to be prophets and then she went off about those "prophets'" teachings, which mainly just consisted of how women are supposed to be servants to men and how woman are so weak and in no way equal to men. Sigh. We tried to explain but it's hard to tell someone what you believe and why when they will never let you say more than 3 Words.

Also, Sabrina is living in Odense! She's not in my Ward, but I saw her yesterday :) That was super fun. I felt like I was 15 Again, haha.

Well I love you all and remember patience in everything. Patience during times of trial will yield amazing Blessings. And also, be obedient. Even to the Little Things in life. Obedience to law is Liberty.

Søster Briscoe

No comments:

Post a Comment