Monday, July 8, 2013

The Singing Sisters in Odense (July 1)

That is what Søster Ripplinger and I want to be known as here. We have this Old guitar that Søs R plays and I sing. We've been singing "Come thou Font" for about every spiritual thought or message we have with members and then we talk about Blessings with them and how the Gospel brings Blessings and how we need to share that with others. It's been working really well and we love it cause we get to sing. And now we sing every where we go. While we're biking Down teh main road, while we walk to appointments, and as we wait for the bus. Everywhere.

But the guitar does present a problem when we try to bike Places. But we have come up with a system that Works alright. We use my bike Lock to chain the guitar around my backpack and we set it Down in the basket behind my seat and then chain me up to it. So we look a Little odd biking around with the guitar like that but hey, we're creative. and we like to sing. Plus, people are so much more friendly when we have the guitar. We can it the Power of the Guitar because they smile and wave and sometimes, just sometimes, they talk to us. Also, we are getting permission so we can perform on the main walking street here in Odense and sing church songs and hand out pamphlets and copies of the Book of Mormon to people. i love the fact that I get the chance to share the Gospel through music.

Funny stories from this week. We ate a ton of super delicious food at this dinner appointment and so i felt really fat afterwards and then we were waiting for the bus and trying to talk to this lady from the Czech Republic who didn't speak much English or Danish. She wasn't too happy to talk to us so we awkwardly stood in silence for a bit until she suddenly smiled and patted my stomach and asked "Baby?" I told her it was a Food Baby. But that was a wake-up call for me. Now I am going to be on a strict healthy diet and really doing my morning crunches. Haha, but it was a funny experience.

Also, I met an Italian man who said he was Caltholic and believed in aliens. He went on for a while about his theories about how aliens were giants and dinosaurs used to be thier pets. I told him I have a Brother in Italy who likes aliens. He got really excited and now wants to meet Michael.

Oh, Also, I saw Dane! Dane Christensen that is. My Old Danish teacher from BYU. We were walking to the Senior couples house when I saw this man waving and beckoning us towards him. I was thinking "hmm, this is weird. And he looks like Dane". Well, it was Dane. We sang Danish kid songs and he hopped around and danced. It was funny. It's odd cause I'm teaching some of his former investigators. Small World.

Well, I saw the missionary broadcast this past Sunday and it was wonderful. It made me want to be a better missionary and help people find ways they can do missionary Work on their own. Wouldn't it be great if we didn't have any full time missionaries? if we, as members of Christ's church, really did our part and shared the Gospel in Word and deed, we would not have to have full time missionaries. We could all just study the scriptures and apply it to our lives and then naturally share the gospel we love so much.

I love you all! Thanks for being great examples to me!
Love Sister Briscoe

No comments:

Post a Comment