Friday, March 8, 2013

Dearest Family,
 yes, the Lord knows I need to work on the Christlike attribute of Patience. I was told I would only be here two weeks, right? Wrong! Oh my goodness, SOO much confusion on what is going to happen to me in the next week or so. I was told last Monday that I would be temporarily reassigned to somewhere in the u.s. while I wait for my visa and that my travel plans would come yesterday (thursday) but they didn't come so I came and checked in at the travel office. Here's the conversation that went down between me and a lady working there: me:

 "Hey, I am here to check in about travel plans for my temorary reassigment."
 lady: "oh ya, you're the advanced sister going to Belgium."
 me: "um, no...I'm going to Denmark."
 lady: "ya, ya, ya, that's what I meant. So I'm going to submit your name for reassigment this next monday and we won't know what you'll do until next Thursday."
me:"oh, um..ok..i'll come back then."

 BUT at lunch, i saw my branch president (President Marion) and he said he was sad to have me leave so soon. It turns out he got a little notice saying i was scheduled to leave tomorrow! So I went back to the travel office and the lady got annoyed and sent me away. But I really don't know what'll happen with me. This happened to a couple of Elders last week and they ended up having 8 hours to pull everything together before they got sent to their temporary assigment. So anything could happen. What I do know is that I'll be able to call my family and chat for a bit to let you know where I'm going. maybe, who knows. There is a lot of confusion. most likely I'll be in the MTC for one more week if not longer. So keep sending me dearelders! :) I love them. Although my district leader rarely checks our mail.

 So I went to the temple this morning and it was great! I love the temple. It really is the Lord's house. Although, I did have an embarrasing moment. One of the super sweet old temple worker ladies told me to have a great session and I turned back to her and said "thanks, you too!" then I tried to correct myself but things got awkward. But other than that the temple was amazing.

 So I am getting 'released' from being cooridnating sister! Yup, they're making a new Sister (one of the sisters who came in this wednesday be cooridnating sister. I'm glad. I love caring for the other sisters but honestly Girls are SO dramatic and there is a lot of drama that distracts me from actually doing missionary work and it's hard to focus on class or teaching an 'investigator' when you have 4 sisters running around being disobedient or fighting or crying. But They're getting better and they all have tough challenges so I'm happy to be there for them. Honestly, being coordinating sister has taught me so much about having unfeigned love for my fellow missionaries. I'm not one who normally hugs or is good at comforting (normally i just pat people awkwardly and say "there there, there there") but now I've gotten a lot better about reaching out, comforting sisters. I think I was just used to growing up in a family of boys and tom boys (emmy ;) haha ) and not dealing with weeping women a lot. but hey, it's good to learn how to handle it here so I can be prepared for the field.

 i've missed a lot of class recently cause I've had a lot of responsibilities as coordinating sister. On Wednesday night, I had to welcome all the new misisonaries with my zone leaders. We had 12 new missionaries! 6 sisters and 6 elders. It's quite a big influx in our tiny branch of misfits. But the new sisters are Sister Chen, Sister Ting, Sister Tsoi (all going to taiwan) and then Sister Astorga, Sister Tulande Vasquez, Siter Leite (all going to New York Rochester). Sister Astorga is from Guatemala City and her cousin is an Elder in our district. haha, small world. She taught me how to pronounce Reu and that was cool. I've been saying it terribly wrong for about 10 months, haha. They all seem so eager and excited to work and I am happy for them. I cannot wait to stick around a bit longer just to get to know them. most of them are converts and they all have sacrificed a lot to be here (just like my other sisters). Sister Leite is the new coordinating sister and I think she will do well. She's a little freaked out about the responsibilty but she'll do well.

 Funny story about me on Wednesday, so after I was done showing the sister the residence halls, I left them and let them unpack and I was supposed to wait for the Zone leaders to come pick me up cause I'm not allowed to be alone but I'm allowed to be with them. And then we were all going to go back to class. Well I waited outside, and I waited....and waited...and waited...for 40 minutes! Ya, they totally forgot about me...jerks (just kidding, they're nice) . So I ended up walking up to two sisters and asked them "hey could you walk me back to my class please?" and guess who one of the random sisters was? Sister Packard! haha, ya Jenae (?I don't know about spelling her first name) but ya, she's here and she's going to Lyons France! So cool! So it was ok that the Zone leaders forgot me cause I was able to talk to Sister Packard and remember all the fun and dangerous times we had hanging out as kids, haha.

 last night (thursday night), I also missed class cause I had to attend a branch meeting to introduce all the new missionaries to the branch presidency. it's supposed to take an hour and a half and it took three hours! our branch president loves to talk. he is super strict but loving. I've been yelled at for things I didn't do several times but I don't argue, I just apologize and try to fix whatever he wants done. which is hard for me, sometimes I want to fight back but that wouldn't be right.

 Sister Leben (from Germany) is my senior companion and she loves to work out which is awesome. She's a great teacher and I'm grateful to have her back me up when I'm totally out of it when I'm teaching an investigator.

 Oh really quick! I have a wonderful experience about teaching a sweet lady from korea named K-min. we taught her about how God is her loving heavenly Father and how much He loves her and the Spirit was so strong that I started crying because I could really feel His love for her and she started crying too and I don't care if she was or was not a member, i could feel God's love for her and I wanted to make sure she felt it too and I know that she did. That experience made me so excited to get out in the field and start teaching people who may not know of God's strong love for them. He loves us and that's why He restored the Gospel. He loves me and that's why He let me serve a mission right now and that's why He sent me to Denmark. I know God loves each of you too. Remember that and share His love by sharing His Gospel.

 I have never been mor busy or tired in my life but I've never been happier. I pray for you daily and I love you all!

 Sister Diana Briscoe

No comments:

Post a Comment