Thursday, March 14, 2013

March 14, 2013


Why on earth, you may be asking, am I up this early? Well, it's P-day...and I got up super early with my new comp and other sisters to do laundry and then go to the temple so the rest of our P-day could be free.

So I am now in the danish district!!! Yay! Oh and since I'm in a new district, I have a new mailbox number and that number is 7.  all my old district left and Sister Leben got moved to the special visitor center training and they kicked me out of my room but they did put me with the Danes! My new comp is Sister Peterson. She just turned 20 and she's nice and fun. the other two sisters are Sister Orgill and Sister Pearson. Both of those sisters did not want to serve missions but after the announcement, they kept thinking of it and decided to go. But they are all very nice for making me feel very welcomed and part of the group and they are patient with me when I speak danish so that's good. I don't want to step on anyone's toes by speaking too much or too fast. I do get to talk with the teachers really fast and that's great practice. Also, I tend to mess around with the teachers paa dansk, haha. like the other day, one of the teachers was an "investigator" and he said his name was "Tomas" and so I asked "Tomas Kofod?" and he responded "yup." and then we both just started laughing. Also another time, I told a teacher I was a dane and from Holte and then they said we were in Lyngby and so I said "Naa ja, of course." Anyways, it is sooo good to be getting some practice with teaching church principles in Danish. I try not to say too much during lessons though because Sister Peterson should be practicing as well.

The Elders of our district are nice, a bit goofy, but hey, they're 18 year old boys. 3 of them are going to Denmark and 2 of them are going to Iceland! I am so jealous! I want to go to iceland! So I'm studying icelandic during language study. It's ok though cause I'm also still keeping up with my Danish, right? I say it is. Icelandic sounds like elvish and I think it is a super cool language that would be awesome to become fluent in. So then I will know two of the most useful languages on earth: danish and icelandic....haha, yeah, maybe not so useful but still cool.

So the other day, I got up so early the other day to drop off one of the sisters in my old zone (this was before I moved zones) and I totally passed out. I hopped out of bed way too fast and definitely passed out. Ya, it wasn't good but I got up afterwards, drank some water and went back to bed and was fine so no need to worry.

Oh, Also, I'm going to send a really quick email later this afternoon once I find out where I'm getting my temporary assignment! I checked with the travel office yesterday and the lady (who is probably super annoyed with me by now) told me that I really am being temporarily assigned to a stateside mission until my visa comes. So I'll let you know when I get it, where I'm going (don't worry, I'll be sure to leave about 5 minutes of email time so I can email you all my new mission call and not go over the appropriate time limit).

Honestly, I can't think of anything else right now that I could tell you all. I'm still loving the MTC but I am excited to leave. I have gone through all the mission training in English and it's good to get some practice in Danish. Although I will be going and teaching in English for a while before I actually go to Denmark. I hope my visa comes. It will, eventually.

I love learning new ways of looking at doctrine and new ways to teach every day. This Gospel is wonderful and it really does bless families. I've been thinking a lot about how it does bless families because that's one of the missionaries big catches "join the church! It'll bless your family!" but really, it's given me perspective on what's MOST important. nothing else in this would can compare to how wonderful family is. I'm glad I have the best family for me. You've all been such wonderful examples and I am so grateful for that. thank you. Tak ;)

I'll write one short little one with my "new" mission later this afternoon. Have a wonderful day and week! I love you all!

Knus, Sister Diana Briscoe

No comments:

Post a Comment