Saturday, March 2, 2013

Happy P-Day

Family!

So I have been at the MTC like two days and it already feels like an eternity! Someone told us that you will have the longest days in your life at the MTC but also the shortest weeks and I can definitely see that. Anyway, I won't have too many short weeks because it turns out I am only going to be here for 11 more days!!! Yup, they put me in the accelerated program. I showed up at my first class and saw this Tongan guy and the teacher speaking English and two Hermanas and I was like "Um..I'm going to Denmark, is this the right place?" and my teacher was like "Yup, you're going through the accelerated program and if your visa doesn't come, they'll ship you stateside." So ya, hopefully my visa will come, I went to the travel office and they told me not to worry about it, that they would sort it all out for me.

My companions for Wednesday and Thursday were Hermana Sierra (from Panama) and Hermana Leguizamon (from Argentina). It was funny to walk around tell people we were companions cause they'd look at all my tag and be like "wait, what?" But my real companion Sister Leben (from Germany) came today! She's 25 and has been serving in Germany for 3 months while waiting for her visa to the U.S. She is super sweet and I'm happy to be her companion.

So my district consists of 8 sister and 2 elders. And I'm the only American. There are the sisters I listed above and then there's Sister Tupou (from Tonga), Sister Perez (from Columbia), Sister Marquez (from the Philippines and Sister Mafiti (from Somalia) and Elder Gonzalez (from Mexico) and Elder Ousilaa (from Tonga). All of them had to wait 7 months after their calls for visas! They are all inspiring missionaries that have sacrificed so much to be here and I admire them so much for that. They had to pick up a ton of clothes from the MTC store for free because they didn't have hardly any clothes from home.

Oh last night I met my branch President and I got the assignment of being coordinating sister so that means I'm in charge of the Sisters in my district and in some other districts but I haven't met those sisters yet. Plus we're getting a bunch of new sisters next Wednesday and then after they arrive, I'll be out of here! haha. So soon.

Also before I met my Branch president I was part of this special project for one of my teachers. She observed me giving a door approach on my own and inviting "investigators" to church. It was good and let's just say I am so grateful for the Stake mission prep class. It was SO useful!

I don't have much to say because I have only been in the MTC such a short time. but I am so tired and worn down as a missionary. You work like 17 hour days and then you have a million things you feel like you need to do but you can never get it all done! AH! no, it's okay, I can do this. Anyways, I am being very well fed (spiritually that is) and I love being a missionary. I love looking down and seeing my name tag. It's like a dream come true for me. I love this Gospel and I love my mission and I cannot wait to be out in the field so soon, teaching real people.

Oh I have been running into the Danish Sisters and Elders quite a bit so that's cool. They are so sweet and beautiful (the sisters, not the elders of course).

Haha, it was funny I saw them walking outside with their Danish teacher today so I stopped them and spoke to their teacher only in Danish and they all looked terrified. It was SOO nice to speak Danish. I want to just speak it all the time so it's a good thing I'm getting to Denmark really soon. I'm kinda sad not to be in a Danish group but oh well, that's life.
I love you all! Can't wait to write one more e-mail to you from the MTC, haha cause I'll only be here one more P-day, most likely. I guess you never know.

Søster Briscoe.


No comments:

Post a Comment