Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Shoot them down... with baptism

Okay, so I was in a lesson with this 15 year old girl who we've been teaching for a little bit but we're pretty comfortable around her and we were talking about how she is a champion at shooting rifles and it's super impressive and I told her "Oh man, I wish I was as good as a missionary as you are a shooter. Then we could shoot everybody down." and Sister Bergloff just looks at me like I've lost my mind and so I say quickly "with baptism! I meant shoot them down with baptism" Yes, it was probably not the best thing but that is what happens when I teach lots of lessons on an empty stomach. Empty stomach = empty brain for me. 

We went on exchanges this past week and I was with this wonderful sister named Sister Webb and Sister Webb and I were going to see these people in her area and she warned me to just be prepared because they were a little crazy. Well we get to the house and I meet this crazy lady named Mama Daisy and she is super chatty and talkative and recites poetry but finally I get her to be quiet and we start reading 2 Nephi 4 with her. After we read it, I ask her "how did that make you feel?" and she all of the sudden gets glassy eyed, and says "oh, this is a bad spell." and then starts shaking and her eyes roll back and she's foaming at the mouth and so I told Sister Webb "turn her on her side so she doesn't choke and I'll call 911!" So after I called 911, Mama Daisy was completely fine...except....she wasn't Mama Daisy anymore. Turns out Mama Daisy has multiple personality disorder. Her other personality is not a nice, sweet poetry reciting person. So, Sister Webb and I decided it probably was not the best idea for us to be there and after the paramedics arrived, we left very quickly. that was the first time in my life I've met someone with multiple personalities. 

Also, after we got home from exchanges, we found our apartment infested with BEES! and I said "they don't allow bees in here." (anyone get that reference?) But ya, we had over 50 dead bees and a lot of live ones in our apartment but it's all good. Our awesome maintenance man took care of them. 

Cool story for you! So we were tracting this random street and I was knocking most of the doors and one door I knocked on this lady opens it and is squinting at our nametags and I'm just thinking 'oh great, here we go, she's going to yell at us.' and she did, but it wasn't the yelling I was used to. she yells "They brought the SISTERS Back!!! Yes!" and she's all excited to see us and hugs us and we have no clue who she is so I just point blank asked her "who are you?" turns out she is a less active member who joined about 5 years ago and she likes Sisters better than Elders and is really excited for us to come back and teach her the new member lessons. 

Those are the fun stories for the week. I'll try to send some pictures. 

The first picture is me eating an Amish cinnamon pickle. Actually pretty good. Those Amish know exactly what they are doing, they are all awesome. 



The second picture is us and that less active lady that was so happy to see us.

No comments:

Post a Comment