Friday, May 3, 2013

I am still alive and still in Ohio.

So sorry everyone for not sending an email in forever. The internet was down at the library for a while but now I can email and update everyone on all my many adventures, haha. Great...now I can't think of anything cool.

Well we're teaching this awesome older couple named Tim and Vicki. They are 57 years old and have been sweethearts ever since they were born. Seriously, they were born around the same time and their parents were friends so they would have play dates together all the time. Then when they were in the 6th grade, the play dates turned into real dates and then they got married and now they are blessing me and Sister Shelley with their awesome humor and love of Christ and interest in His Gospel and His Church. Oh funny story with them.
So missionaries in this mission are supposed to make breakfast on Sunday mornings for investigators or less actives to get them to come to church and we decided to make it for Tim and Vicki cause they were coming to church this past Sunday. So Sister Shelley makes this beautiful tray laden with bacon and muffins and hot cocoa mix and we pull up to their house and it's raining. I pull out my umbrella to protect the food and get out of the car with the tray in one hand and the umbrella in another. Tim comes out to see if he can help and I foolish and pridefully say "oh no, it's all good. I got it." and then spill the tray all over the wet concrete. Tim was doubled over laughing hysterically. Ya, I felt terrible. and I made a pitiful picture just standing there in the rain, with the food all around me. Tim and Vicki still came to church which was awesome.

Now for the pictures:

The Titensors and Sister Shelley were super sneaky and threw me a birthday party with lots of cupcakes and cake and ice cream. Ya, I'm getting fat but oh well

There is also a picture of these two super old ladies that we're teaching, named Melva and June. They are very old and are both on oxygen. They are super sweet. We actually told them about baptism for the dead
and they got super excited cause they can't be baptized right now but maybe after this life...ya, it was an interesting experience inviting someone to be baptized after they die. I also asked Melva to pray and she said she would but because she had had a stroke she couldn't speak very well and she didn't want to and the spirit prompted me and I said "Melva, if you pray right now, I promise you will not stutter and you will be able to say everything you want clearly." and immediately she started praying and didn't mess up once and said everything she wanted to. It was an awesome experience.
And then there is a picture of me with my favorite less active member. Sister Rickard. She is a hoot. She says the craziest things but I love her to death. I also showed her the prom pictures of Emmy and David and she said that Emmy was a knock-out and david looked like a movie star. She also thought david was 19 or 20. So congrats david! you look all old and
mature.
Well I got to go! LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH :)
Sister Diana Briscoe

No comments:

Post a Comment