Monday, May 13, 2013

We're safe, now that we're back in Marion....said no one, ever


That is what my lovely new companion Sister Bergloff said as we pulled back into our sketchy apartment complex after a night of wandering around a terrifying apartment building in a little town called Upper Sandusky. That was a fun day, that was Friday and it was just dumping buckets of rain here and it was really cold too and Sister Bergloff decided to wear these very cute shoes...that were leather...so they were ruined but she had an awesome attitude and was just laughing and smiling even though she had ruined her expensive Puma shoes.

Sister Bergloff and I are pretty much the same person and it's awesome because we have way too much fun together. We're both from Colorado, we both did some school in Colorado before transferring to BYU and we're both younger Sister Missionaries. and we're both full of 'green rage'. We seriously think the same way on everything. The only difference between us is she is more patient and Christ-like than me.

Anyways, I'm going to send lots of pictures because I talked on the phone yesterday and I can't think of anymore cool stories that I think people would like so enjoy these pictures!

This is me and Sister Twitchell. I went on exchanges down to a town called Marysville and she was my companion for 24 hours. She is awesome. Her little brother is going to Colorado Springs on his mission. So anyone who reads this who lives there, look out for an Elder Twitchell. While I was on exchanges with her, we were able to find about 4 new investigators in her area.

The second picture is me and Sister Bergloff the day she got her. We are holding what are known as Golden Bears. There this type of lemonade and apparently they are a big deal in the mission here. I did not know that and so when one of the APs was passing them out to the new missionaries, he asked me to tell them how good it was and I told him I'd never had one so he immediately opened on and made me drink it right then.










Here's a picture of me at the zoo :)








This is me and a member of our branch, Sister Sutter and her cats. Her cats are so fat it seriously looks like someone took a soccer ball and stuffed them inside of the cats. I just had to get a picture with them. Sister Sutter is amazing and feeds us every wednesday and is always willing to help missionaries out.




This is me and a member of our branch, Sister Sutter and her cats. Her cats are so fat it seriously looks like someone took a soccer ball and stuffed them inside of the cats. I just had to get a picture with them. Sister Sutter is amazing and feeds us every wednesday and is always willing to help missionaries out.

This picture is of me and Sister Shelley and then 4 giant Saint Bernards that were NOT friendly at all. I had to stop Sister Shelley from sticking her hand in to pet them cause even though they looked all fluffy and cuddly, I just had a feeling that they were not that nice and it's a good thing I did cause their owner came out and yelled "Whatever you do, do not pet them! they will latch on and not let go!"

So I think that is all of the pictures and stories that I can think of for now. I am so grateful to be serving as a missionary and I am so proud and happy to come from a family of missionaries.

EMMY! You're going to BRAZIL!! I am so proud of you. That is just crazy and wonderful and amazing. and I won't lie, I'm slightly jealous ;) you are going to be a wonderful missionary and I love you!

I love all you and keep up the fantastic things you are all doing

1 comment:

  1. I have been initiated into the black community here in Marion. I am now part of the family :

    jade signature | jade sunny isles

    ReplyDelete