Monday, October 7, 2013

Dear family,

First off, I don't know what the official definition of a sister training leader is but here is mine: we are pretty much zone leaders for the sisters and instead of sisters reporting to zone leaders, they now report to us. We also are supposed to go on exchanges with every sister in our zones. Yup, plural. My companion, Sister Tew and I are over the North Jylland Zone and South Jylland Zone. Which means we get the blessing and privilege of going to both zone conferences and zone training and presenting training in both places.

Second off, I have left the "promised land". That is what missionaries call Odense and I am now on Horsens! Yay! Horsens is very different than Odense but I love it already. Also Jysk is different than the danish I'm used to but I can understand most people. Sister Tew is my new companion. She is 22 and from Idaho Falls. She's super cool and we get along great. So I look forward to serving with her as a Training Leader.

The past five days have just flown by so fast. I don't know if it's due to the fact that I'm now a sister training leader or that there just seems to be a lot to do in Horsens. Probably both. Yet despite feeling like I have way much more to do than I have ever had in my entire mission, I'm calm and confident about the future. General Conference was amazing. Every single talk that the Lord's prophets and apostles seem directly addressing my needs and concerns. The knowledge they shared and the revelation from the Holy Ghost brought a lot of comfort and peace,
Horsens is a wonderful place and I am so thrilled to be here. I can already tell though that it is very different than Odense and member have a different attitude about missionary work. They are still hesitant

and a little worried and still think they are too busy to do "missionary work". But I know as Sister Tew and I work hard and show them how serious we are, the Lord will not only bless us to be able to find the elect, He will also bless the members to have courage to find the elect as well.

Also, if people reading this did not see M. Russell Ballard's talk from this past conference, go watch it right now! here is the link: http://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch/2013/10?lang=eng&vid=2722055724001&cid=11 Watch it and pray and ask God in the name of Christ if what this apostle of the Lord is true. I promise you, you will receive an answer that it is. I invite you to act on that answer and go and find someone who is prepared to receive the restored Gospel. I will do the same this week. I also can promise that the joy that comes from sharing the gospel is unequal to any other joy we can have, besides the joy of eternal families, which I am so grateful for mine :)

I love you all so much and I pray for you!
Søster Briscoe

No comments:

Post a Comment