Monday, October 28, 2013

Oct 21 - Harvest Time in Horsens

what a week of miracles! I truly applied my goal of being more bold this week and started inviting more people to baptism in the very first lesson we have with them. And so for this week, we've invited nine people to be baptized! seven out of those nine are new investigators! And eight out of those nine said yes, when they know it is true and the ninth said "I just woke up", haha. I could really see how much the Lord has been blessing our efforts here in Horsens. I feel very good about our new investigators, especially these two young adults: Kaitlin and Rasmus. Kaitlin is from Ohio! Yay for Ohio :) and living here in Denmark with her boyfriend Rasmus. Kaitlin was a referral from the Elders and we've tried stopping by with no luck but this past tuesday we dropped by and she was home. We started talking and she let us in. Her boyfriend, Rasmus was sleeping on the couch and when I saw him I thought "oh great, there is no way he will be interested" But he woke up, sat up and was really polite and very interested in what we had to say. They told us a little bit about their religious background, both of them grew up agnostic but they are both trying to be open minded and not rule anything out. And then we taught them the entire first lesson. The spirit was way strong and Kaitlin ended the lesson by saying the first prayer she's said out loud before. We set up a return appointment for Thursday, we came and taught them the entire second lesson. We asked Rasmus to open with the prayer and he said a really wonderful prayer. He said "Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you that I'm in good health. I ask you to help me know if the words in the Book of Mormon are true and if I should be a part of this religion..." He went on, but the spirit was very strong. We invited them to be baptized and they said "of course" after they know it is true.
All of our other investigators are very positive as well. They very open and I can just feel their sincere desires to know if the Book of Mormon is true and if Joseph Smith is a true prophet. It is so exciting to see the harvest pick up here in Horsens.
I've learned a lot about sincere and heartfelt prayers this week and I would just like to share it with you all. Prayer is not just us thanking God for what we get and then asking for more blessings, even if they are rigteous desires. I learned that prayer is addressing the Creator of our very souls and physical bodies and having the ability and privelege to talk to Him like our own fathers. What a blessing that is. We address Him, express real gratitude for the blessings we've seen that day and then we find out what His will for us to do is and then we ask for the strength and courage to do His will. That is probably the hardest part about prayer but the most beautiful when you actually do it. And I just want to let all of you know that a sincere prayer can hardly be matched in the power it brings. I know the Lord answers prayers. I've seen Him do it this week for me and for others. I know if you are in doubt of the Gospel or any one you know is in doubt, you can ask your Heavenly father in sincere, fervant prayer and HE WILL ANSWER, I promise you, if you ask and are willing to ACT on the answer He gives you, He will answer you and there will be no more room left for doubt. I invite you all to ask your Heavenly Father if He is there and loves you tonight. You will receive a wonderful answer.

I love you all and pray for you all!

Søster Diana Briscoe Ha

No comments:

Post a Comment