Monday, October 14, 2013

Dear Family,

This week has been so great! Sister Tew and I went to two zone trainings and two leadership trainings because we are over all the sisters in the North and South Jylland Zones, so President Sederholm has decided he wants us attending all trainings and conferences. It went really well. I've learned that training missionaries in zone conferences or trainings is not hard at all. All you do is ask about three questions, discuss them and then have them role play with each other. It's so nice because missionaries are just so eager to learn and share their insights. There is nothing more satisfying or easy than teaching a group of missionaries. Sister Tew and I actually got to do a little more training this week than we were planning on. At our first leadership training, President was the one training and then he came up to us and said "and guess what you get to do with this training tomorrow sisters," "um...present it?" "Yup! cause you've already seen it twice, so could you please present it to the zone and district leaders tomorrow morning?" So we trained the south jylland leaders on stress and how to manage it because apparantly, being a missionary is stressful, go figure right? But now I know a lot about stress and how to handle it...well...how to help others handle it.

Then we had an investigator from Horsens (this wonderful older lady named Solveig) drive us down to Odense to see Nynne's baptism! I love Solveig so much but she is a crazy driver. We nearly crashed...twice..and when I say nearly crashed, I mean the swerving and honking and frantically trying to get out of the way of a semi and other cars. But thankfully we made it to Odense alive, even though we were slightly late and walked in right as they started singing the opening song.


Nynne's little 3 year old, Jonathan, saw me walk in and yelled "Briscoe!" and ran over to me and sat with me the whole time except for when I got up to give a talk. Nynne had asked me to speak about Baptism and I had prepared a nice little talk but the moment I got up there, I completely changed what I had planned and just pretty much talked to Nynne about the covenant she was making and how it was the gate leading her to other covenants and blessings. Then she started crying, which of course got me crying, and yes, so I just cried a lot Saturday. It was one of the most moving experiences of my life. To see Nynne change her entire life from two months ago and to see her learn about true principles and apply them to her life. It has been such a wonderful experience. I know that this gospel can change lives and I know, as does Nynne that "this Gospel and this church are true!" She bore such a wonderful testimony on saturday.  am so grateful to be out here serving a mission and being allowed by the Lord to be a part of His great and glorious work and to see the change in others that in turn changes myself more than they will probably ever realize.

An investigator from Horsens, Solveig, came with Sister Tew and I to Nynne's baptism. Now Solveig is interested in learning about the church but she is still a little apprehensive and somewhat set in her ways. But the baptism and especially Nynne's powerful testimony touched her heart. In fact, it moved her so much that yesterday (Sunday) she drove all the way back to Odense to see Nynne receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and then she stayed for all three hours of church. The Odense First ward members welcomed her in and Gerd Barkou talked to her for a long time. And what ended up happening is Solveig received a priesthood blessing from Elder Henrichs and Keith Held (the new ward mission leader). It moved her to tears. She is still in Odense, but I am just so excited for her to come back to Horsens and for us to teach her in person again.

Well, that was pretty much my week. Miracles are happening! I love you all and pray for you every day!

Love Søster Briscoe

I just wanted to foward this awesome email from Nynne I got today. I have special permission from president so I can email her every week but this is what she said today 
Kære  Briscoe

At få helligåndensgave, var som om at en stor gave man bare har vente på at få i 100 år, det bringer bestemt stor glæde.
Din tale var super god og jeg kunne godt forstå dig, så det kunne de andre nok også.
Jeg mødte godt hende fra Horsens igår, og hun vil da også deltage mere og mere i kirken som dagen gik frem, så det er jo super.

Jonathan har det godt, han fortæller stadig alle at han er kærester med dig :D
Benjamin er desværre stadig meget syg, han har dog lært at gå selv nu, så er super stolt.

Hvordan går det ved dig?
er det en sød menighed du er kommet til ?

Håber du har det godt og vi så dig super meget
Mvh Jonathan,Benjamin, og nynne

No comments:

Post a Comment