Monday, April 28, 2014

Dear family,

Wow, okay, I nearly forgot to write a big email. Sorry about that. Anyways, this week was super! Super Duper as the danes would say.


I turned 21 this past week. Weird. I could have never guessed that I would already have been a missionary for over a year by the time I turned 21. Life is great.


So my companion Søster Hale decided to tell EVERYONE that it was my birthday and so me turning 21 turned into a much bigger deal than I wanted it to be. We have some friends from Ghana, Isaac and Sampson that invited us over to Saturday night to eat traditional Ghanian food again for my birthday. Well, we couldn't go over without a third woman, so we ended up inviting a couple from the Aarhus ward to come with us. Also, our friend David came. So it was a very international night. We had Ghanan food with some Danish and Spanish and Portuguese people. It was fun.


Also, Saturday, Søster Hale and I went with the senior couple, the Garriotts , to visit the Hansen Family. On our way there we stopped by these amazing and beautiful gold fields. Fields that were just full of bright yellow flowers. Elder and Sister Garriott actually left today to go home from their mission. It was really hard saying goodbye. They have been like a mom and dad to me and sister hale.


On Sunday (my actual birthday). Søster Hale got up early and sneakily made me breakfast in bed. Then she showed me the cake she had made in the middle of the night while I was sleeping and I smashed my face in it (a classic tradition in her family). Søster Hale is awesome. We have lots of fun together.


Than later in the day, we went with a member and the Elders on a walk because this member is just getting out of the hospital and he really wanted to meet and talk. Well, we went to this park (because he loves to be out in nature). Turns out though that there was a circus happening in this park so we actually got to see a bunch of circus horses and elephants!


We had dinner that night with all the missionaries and some other people. I feel very spoiled to be surrounded by so many wonderful people on my birthday.


Well, I love you! I got to run though! Just know that I'm praying and thinking of you all.


Love, Sister Briscoe






No comments:

Post a Comment