Tuesday, April 1, 2014

"I double dog dare you" Mar 24 letter

So the theme of my companionship with Søster Hale is definitely daring each other to do things. Like not inappropriate things or things that are against the rules but things that make a missionary stretch and really push beyond their comfort zone. So that has been a lot of fun. For example, one night we had about 20 minutes before our curfew and so we were just out on the street contacting. We saw this big group of guys on their way to a frat party coming up towards us. Sister Hale says "oh no, I just prayed to God for Him to send us more people to teach and He answered by sending all of them. I dare you to contact them." And so as they were coming up to us, I stopped and just yelled "Hey! Hej med alle jer! Hey all of you! We are out talking to people about the Gospel of Jesus Christ." And some of them laughed and walked away but about half stopped and listened. So now Søster Hale dares me to go contact groups of people all the time. Also, Søster Hale one time dared me to use the word "sloths" when talking to someone on the street. So I did. Don't worry, I worked it into the conversation so the person didn't think I was too crazy. 

I've made a lot of new friends in Aarhus. Like the other day, when the Sister Training Leaders were up on visit, we met this young man named Ben. We were at a bus stop and I saw this young man and I thought "hmmm, I should talk to him" but the bus was coming and I was a little hesitant to talk to him because I didn't know what to say, so I shrugged off that prompting. But thankfully, Heavenly Father gave me a second chance and I sat down on the bus and the young man stood right next to me. I knew I needed to talk to him and so I asked him where a certain stop was (which was good too because I'm still struggling with trying to find my way around). He answered and then asked where I was from. I told him the U.S. and he asked why I was here. I explained who I am and why I am in Denmark and he got excited to meet a mormon face to face because he's done a lot of research into religion but hasn't found something that can really convince and help him believe in God. So my stop came up quickly and I had just enough time to get his number and later that night we texted him and set up an appointment for the next day. He came with lots and lots of questions and doubts but we were able to bear testimony and invite him to learn more. He's interested in hearing what we have to teach so that was a great miracle. Also, he is a magician and he is way good at card tricks and he mesmerized Søster Hale and I for about 20 minutes with his awesome tricks. We made him do the same trick about 5 times in a row because each time we couldn't get over how magical it is. 

We also met this young man who is half danish and half spanish. We met him at the bus stop (bus stops are just the place to meet people in Aarhus I guess). We talked for a little bit and then set up an appointment and it went pretty well. We also invited him to basketball and he came and loved it. After basketball, Sister Hale and I had a service project and I just felt like we should ask him to come with so I did and he said that he'd love to come help us work in someone's garden. So he came and spent 4 hours mowing and pulling weeds and planting trees. 

This week, we also spent a lot of time with a member in the ward named Maria. Maria is so wonderful. She takes care of all the missionary, all the time. For Christmas, she put together a goody bag for EVERY missionary in the mission. She sacrifices so much for us and then she is also an amazing member missionary. She shares the gospel with everyone she meets and it's inspiring to me. 

Well I love you all and hope you have  a great week! 

Love Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment