Thursday, August 14, 2014

July 28 If you can't take the heat... just remember the winter

Kære Vidunerlig Familie og Venner,

Hold nu op! it has been such a hot summer. I sweat a down every day. just letting you know, in case you were wondering. I must smell great...sorry mom, it was not a requirement to look good or smell good in order to come on a mission! Really though, the heat and the humidity is crazy and literally no one in Denmark has AC. no one. So we just open all the windows all day and lovely little bugs come crawling in at night and make themselves at home. Nah, it's not bad. I shouldn't complain, especially because I remember the cold, dark, long winter. I'll take the heat over the witner any day.

This week has been really good. Again, lots of time meeting with some of the best people in the world. Ashley, my hilarious, english brother. That's how I think of him now. My whitty, brother who helps me out whenever I need it. He changed the bike tube on the back wheel of my bike and that was awesome.

Then time with David. We are helping him with his family history and that's lots of fun. There is this awesome member in the ward that helps us a lot when we are teaching David. Her name is Gitte and she's great. She has just the best spirit in her home. Oh and a family from Peru came and visited church on sunday. They are members and they were here visiting. and so I made David speak spanish with them. i love spanish. I can still understand a bit of it and speak very little but enough to communicate.

Also we saw our friend Marius, from Romania. He works a ton but he really wanted to meet last night, so we met up and talked and read some scriptures. He's such a giving person. Just wants to make a difference in this world but he works like 3 jobs and doesn't have time for much of anything else.

Also, we went to Copenhangen this week for the New missionary and the trainers meeting. That was great. And we were able to go through the temple. I love the temple so much. What a wonderful place. Truly, it is the House of the Lord and you can just feel His Spirit so strongly when you are there. I was sitting in the Celestial room and I did not want to leave. I could have sat there in silence forever, just feeling like I was close to my Savior and Heavenly Father. I hope you all remember to look towards the temple in everything you do because that is the goal, that is the vision of the Gospel and of life: to live in the presence of God forever and the temple gives us a little taste of what that will be like.

I am so grateful for this last month I have to be a full time missionary and I love you all so much for your support and encouragement.

MKH Søster Briscoe

No comments:

Post a Comment