Thursday, August 14, 2014

Aug 11 Søster Brisco is going crazy

Oh my heavens to besty, time is such a funny thing, especially when one is a missionary. I think that you are just so busy that life slips by and before you know it, you're done with your mission and you're just sitting there thinking "what the? How on earth did that happen? I haven't grown up or become a mature missionary. I still miss the bus, I still get lost, sometimes people say things and I still don't understand". Plus, I have the weirdest accent as a missionary, I thought I wouldn't haven't an accent by now. It's definitely not sweet.

This past monday, Sister Ripa, Maria and I went to the Tivoli that is here in Århus. It was a lot of fun. We rode the rollercoasters and did a couple obstacle courses and then Maria talked us into doing what is called Sky Tower. It's where you pretty much dangle in the air 50 meters (about 160 feet) above the ground and then they just drop you into a giant net. so you just free fall and smack on the net. So Maria went. then sister Ripa. Then I was the last one. As the guy was strapping me in, I was just rambling to him because I was so nervous. "I'm really terrified of heights" I told him. "Well, your handling it well" He said as he hooked me onto the rope and then pushed me over the ledge. My heart was going a million miles an hour. "Tell me something funny!" I asked the guy who was about to drop me. "You are about to drop 50 meters." "THAT'S NOT FUNNY!" He just laughed at me and said he couldn't think of anything funny. I told him that I would tell him a joke so I asked "why did the chicken cross the road?" "Why?" "To get to the other side" and then I dropped. Bullseye. Right onto the net. It was a super thrilling experience.

This was my last zone training this past week. I had to bear my "final testimony" that was weird. My arms felt all numb when I stood up there and thought "what the heck is happening? I just got to denmark, I can't go home now." But I didn't not cry. I know I will definitely cry when I say goodbye to my friends here: Nynne, Isabella, Solveig, the Romanians, Ashley, Maria and David. They all have changed my life. Definitely for the best. Thank goodness for skype.

Also, I ordered two more missionary tags because I only had one left and I wanted a few others. But at zone training, I ended up getting 4 tags with "Søster Brisco" spelled on it. Oh well, pyt med det. puddle with it. such is life. I'll just be Brisco from now on.

Well, I love you all! Jeg elsker jer!

Love, Diana (or for those of you who have permission to call me it, Nana :) Emmy, you're the best

No comments:

Post a Comment